Friday, August 11, 2006
Climate
Well we're moving out of California and I've got mixed feelings, pure excitement and major sadness. So to make me feel better about leaving the sunshine state I have been thinking of its major downsides. Here is one... Seasons exist for a reason. Over the last year and a half the temperature in Manhattan Beach hasn't deviated more than 10 degress either way and I am beginning to go crazy. The range is typically 72-82 degress. Whats wrong with that you say? I'll tell you. Fourth of July weather was 3 degrees warmer than Christmas weather and Halloween was 1 degree colder than New Years. I have no sense of time and my memory is defunct because I can't access a seasonal timeline to remember when things happened. I have no doubt that if some Southern Californian dude entered a coma and then reawoke he would be unable to state the month or even the season they are in. So the total irony is that living in 75 degree paradise makes you simultaneously unappreciative of the good weather and completely unable to cope with temperatures outside the California spread.There was some lightening out here the other week and people were declaring the end of the world. If it rains for two days all the news reports turn into "Flood Watch 2006". There is even a dry wind that shows up here every fall named the Santa Ana winds that throws the South Bay into a fit. Dry skin lotions sell out of the stores and people barricade themselves inside with humidifiers.The worst part of it for me is I've turned into one of them. I'm scared to re-enter the real world of seasons. What if my finely tanned, climatized, moisturized body can't survive?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
ummmm...hello I talked to you yesterday and you didn't tell me you were moving. Nice timing.
ummmmmm...Ouch. Our converstaion didn't really allow time for chit chat catch up.
Trav, I didn't mean that as harsh. We are excited for you but sad because we won't be neighbors any more. Where are you guys going? BTW, no time for chit chat? Was I driving on the freeway or something?...hahahahaha
It's cool. I'm just pretty stressed about the whole situation. We need to hang out and actually spend some time together while we're both here.
You name the date....let me check our schedule...hmmmmm...nothing. We are losers after our family leaves tomorrow. Call.
BTW, Where are you moving?
I can only tell you in person...that way it will only make you want to hang out with us more.
Apparently my comments didn't make it our of comment moderation spirit prison. Thanks for removing the moderation requirement though.
Post a Comment